Senior Legal Counsel
10 days ago
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
At Wooga, we make games with thoughtful, compelling stories at their core.
Our mission is to create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. We want to provide a place for them to become part of exciting worlds and touch their hearts with our stories, in which their actions drive the stories forward. We're based in the heart of Berlin, where over 250 employees from around the world work together to create high quality story-driven casual games.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will have a unique opportunity to work with an international Legal team to tackle exciting challenges and be trusted as the company’s expert for all legal matters.
What you’ll do
- Work directly with Wooga’s games, business and service teams to advise on a wide variety of commercial and regulatory issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts with company's international suppliers, such as agreements on: services, licensing, outsourcing, consulting, IT, marketing, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s business and provide timely, practical, business-oriented legal advice and recommendations to the business units.
- Take over all employment law matters.
- Monitor and provide guidance on applicable laws and industry practice.
- Develop and maintain company contract templates, business processes and internal policies to help scale the business.
- Manage and lead projects involving legal and various business and service units.
- Collaborate with the global Playtika legal department.
Who we are looking for
- Fully qualified lawyer in Germany (“Volljurist”)
- 5-10 years post-qualification experience in a law firm advising tech clients or as an inhouse counsel with a focus on commercial, IP/IT, data protection and/or employment law; experience both in-house and law firm a plus
- Fluency and strong communication skills in written and spoken German and English; ability to work in a third language a plus
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external stakeholders in a global company
- Excellent business judgment, understanding of technology and interest to learn about the games industry
- Ability to work independently, take ownership, be proactive, pay attention to detail, be well organized and communicate in a fast paced international environment, hands-on mindset
- Ability to think globally to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and drive both strategic decisions and operational tasks
- Creativity and eagerness to find solutions
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!