This job might no longer be available.
Senior Learning and Development Advisor
12 days ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We aim to develop our internal talent by giving everyone the opportunity to build their career at Sumo across our studios. The role will be integral in building an internal talent pipeline and supporting managers and their team members on their individual career journey. You will be able to steer how the talent development at Sumo evolves and have an integral role in building this function within the L&D team.
Coming into the Sumo Group, you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment within a sustainable but growing business where you can learn and collaborate with some very talented people in the industry.
The role would best suit a candidate with previous internal talent development and coaching experience.
In your new role you will:
- Develop and implement bite size management training programmes to ensure managers are equipped in talent management
- Engage managers at regular intervals to review career progression and development of individuals in their teams
- Implement talent identification tool which is made visible to highlight star talent and reviewed regularly
- Create and implement blended learning solutions for employees to understand their career pathway and development opportunities
- Implement mentoring programme across studios to support individuals with their career development
- Embedding the Sumo Pathway and values into development plans and succession planning
- Promote a learning organisation where individuals are empowered to own their own career vision
- Provide coaching and support for managers to help navigate the career aims and goals of their team members
- Work with recruitment to highlight internal talent pipeline for roles
- Lead and manage the talent development team
To be successful you will:
- Track record of partnering with managers to support identifying learning needs and implementing development plans
- Professional knowledge gained through experience in L&D and talent with a creative flair
- Great training facilitation skills – virtual and face to face
- Passion for supporting people develop their careers
- Experience of delivering blended learning solutions and face to face training
Some ideal skills include:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience would be beneficial
- Experience working with LXP platforms would be helpful
- Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions
- Ability to build, influence and sustain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Good coaching and listening skills
- Can be flexible and work well under pressure
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work with wider HR and recruitment team to identify and highlight strong talent
We are comfortable for this person to work from any of our UK studios or be based from home however we do need this person to be comfortable with regular travel to all of our UK studios
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.