Senior Lead Systems Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Lead Systems Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
We are looking for a well-rounded lead game designer to provide project vision and leadership that will help shape the future of Azeroth. Are you passionate about World of Warcraft and excited to explore the potential of bringing the game to new audiences? Are you happiest when collaborating with diverse groups to solve problems in pursuit of a magical player experience?
As a Senior Lead Systems Designer, you will be a critical part of creative leadership that is expected to lead and direct design sub teams in the balance and systems design of World of Warcraft. You are responsible for guiding the direction, implementation plans, and details of a variety of end-to-end game experiences that will become the best they can be through defined scope, iteration, thoughtfulness, cooperation, and feedback.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Motivate, support, and mentor designers to achieve AAA design and execution for players on a regular cadence
- Be a force of encouragement and positivity, ensure the team’s work is planned and achievable by guiding appropriately, adjusting scope and ambition, seeking improvements, and chasing solutions for success
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams on taking new or reimagined gameplay or systems to a whole new level for players
- Document and plan execution of designs
- Solicit and openly embrace feedback and direction
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity
- A deep understanding of World of Warcraft and the principles that make the game special
- Senior or lead design experience on a shipped product or equivalent, like expansions
- Someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Technical, creative, and broad design experience to confidently lead, mentor, and guide designers in many areas
- Background in creating, maintaining, and tuning systems, combat, or content
- Thoughtful and compassionate with your teammates, their careers, growth and overall wellbeing and happiness
- Appreciate the incredible value of diversity as we deliver for gamers worldwide
- Passion for playing and making games!
- Experience working on shared world and social games
- Leadership experience
- Experience working in triple AAA development from concept to live operations
Required application materials
- Cover Letter which must include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.