Senior Lead Rendering Programmer
5 days ago
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Senior Lead Rendering Programmer, your role is to:
- Participate in the definition of the technical orientations of the game.
- Act as a technical reference for a part of the project, solve complex technical challenges and manage the technical performance for the game.
- Work closely with other Technical Leads, Lead Programmers, Software Architect… to ensure and maximize the efficiency of the systems.
- Own the rendering implementation in the scimitar engine for the project and to support the team and ensure the success of the game
- Manage quality and stability of the engine and the game experience
- Setup and drive a productive rendering team
- Manage the realization of the game vision within the constraints of the tech and platforms by working with the Creative team.
- Manage engine tasks scope & timeline management (i.e. managing “feature creep” vs. added value for the game)
- Align engine progs and other team members involved
- The role has a major emphasis on creativity, implementation & communication.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 7+ years programming experience.
- Leadership Qualities, Track Record in managing a sizable team.
- Shipped at least 2 games as rendering engineer
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Mastery of C/C++, with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Strong understanding of 3D rendering algorithms and related mathematics.
- Excellent knowledge of DirectX and OpenGL.
- Excellent knowledge of HLSL/Cg.
- Bachelors in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Fluency in Assembly and SIMD programming.
- Deep understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development.
- Expertise on at least one major platform
- Experience using game development frameworks and middleware.
- Self-direction, focus, results-oriented thinking, resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.