Senior Lead Programmer
11 days ago
10 Chambers is looking for a Senior Lead Programmer for our growing programming team. As the senior lead programmer, you will hire, lead and support our programmers and make sure they have everything they need to function to their best potential. As your team will continue to grow, you will also hire, mentor and coach specialized programming team leads that will report to you.
We see that you are a very experienced game developer with strong programming skills. You will report to the technical director and be a major factor in realizing our technical vision. We can offer you to be a big part of an ambitious development team that gladly embraces the creative and technical challenges that come with game development.
We’re looking for a lead programmer with strong communication and collaboration skills. At 10 Chambers, you will get to work daily with talented developers from a wide range of disciplines in an open, non-competitive, and highly collaborative environment.
- Provide best practices and guidelines for the programmers
- Recruitment of programmers and lead programmers
- Project planning and resource allocation in collaboration with the directors
- Day to day leadership of the programming teams
- Team management, including regular 1-on1s, development talks, promotional evaluation, also salary setting together with the technical director
- Ensure that all processes are in place for the programming team to thrive
- 3+ years of lead programmer experience
- 5+ years of professional game programming experience
- Problem-solving and open-minded with a desire to build and grow a well-functioning team
- A structured mindset for planning and following up team progress
- Very strong collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Swedish is not a requirement)
- C# Experience
- Unity Experience
10 Chambers is a scale-up game studio based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious team of creative and highly experienced developers with a lifelong love for games. Right now, we’re working on GTFO, a 4-player hardcore co-op action/horror FPS currently in Early Access.
We’re now looking for new talents to join our team - people that want to join us in our journey of bringing GTFO to Version 1.0, and cooking up the next legendary co-op gaming experience.
Why join 10 Chambers Creative team?
- Fully funded self-publishing studio in the dynamic computer games industry
- Opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- Immerse in Stockholm creative culture and enjoy Swedish work/life balance
- Location: Stockholm. Relocation/work permit support for successful applicants from outside of Sweden
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody feels needed and safe and is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Today our team consists of 15 different nationalities and the office language is English.
If this role excites you and you bring the relevant experience, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.