Senior Lead Programmer [Unannounced Project] (292)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
2 days ago
Lead a group of engineering team leads and other engineers, within a collaborative multidiscipline environment on a single project, with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
Programmers of all experience levels and Lead programmers as appropriate
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Work with production, engineers, and team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engineering team and track development efforts across the team;
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes;
- Liaise with internal and external middleware technology providers, and console manufacturers;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements;
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for technology sharing across projects;
- Supporting the line manager in any ad-hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- High level knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio);
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Experience managing and leading technical staff & leads;
- Several years’ experience of managing commercial software development teams with significant involvement in 2 completed projects a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.