Senior/Lead Lighting Artist
9 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Lighting Artist to join our team and help us deliver outstanding visuals in both exteriors and interior environments.
Working closely with the Art Director you will align on the visual expectation and constrains that will be the foundation of the visual development and style in the game.
As a Senior/Lead you will also help other members of the team by guiding and ensuring that best practices are part of the lighting workflow. You will help ensuring the work done by the team meets these goals also by working closely with other lighting artists, reviewing their work and offering artistic guidance when needed.
You will also work with the Code team to ensure that lighting setups and implementation of visuals are running within budget and consistently preserving real-time performance.
- Placing and adjusting light sources within the environments, considering the visual requirements and technical budget constraints.
- Help guiding the team with best practices of production workflow for the Lighting Team.
- Work alongside the Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges, as well as achieving AAA visual results.
- Working closely with the Art Director to implement the visual style and realise visual goals for the project.
- Experience on a AAA title as Lead / Senior.
- At least 3 years of experience as a lighting artist, or equivalent senior artist role, with one AAA title under your belt.
- Solid understanding of lighting optimization and memory budgets in game engines – Unreal Engine, Unity, Cry Engine, etc.
- Experience with baked and dynamic lighting pipelines.
- Solid understanding of fundamental photography principles as well as colour theory.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.