Senior/Lead Game Designer
7 days ago
Demiurge Studios is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and ambitious Senior/Lead Game Designer to join our growing team in an on-site or remote capacity. You will have the unique opportunity to use your extensive game design experience to help shape the next generation of Demiurge games.
As an experienced game designer, you will have creative ownership in everything you do. Your strong game design background and extensive experience allow you to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to creatively solve challenging design and technical problems. You can pinpoint the key characteristics necessary for a game's success and relentlessly prioritize to make them shine. You love games of all sorts - but your true passion is making great games that engage, surprise, and delight other players!
- Play a key role in defining, maintaining, and communicating the creative vision for your game to ensure a fun and engaging player experience.
- Collaborate with an agile, cross-functional team to turn the game vision into a great player experience.
- Drive gameplay, systems, and content design through all development phases, from concept to live operations.
- Rapidly respond to and iterate on feedback and performance indicators by providing both high-level direction and hands-on design implementation.
- Partner with product, leadership, and stakeholders to drive the game schedule, including the roadmap and backlog.
- Exemplify proven game design practices to the team and mentor junior designers to help them level up.
- Extensive experience as a game designer who has worked on complete production cycles from concept to ship.
- Deep knowledge of game theory and design best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey designs clearly to team members, leadership and stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to deliver high-quality designs on time.
- Experience mentoring other game designers or serving as the lead of a feature or team.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Preference to Applicants With:
- Experience working in Unreal
- UX design experience
- Expertise in rapid prototyping or running prototyping teams
- Ability to do basic scripting and work in-engine
- 3D level design experience
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.