Senior Language Programmer
8 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Building new game experiences requires both content and code, and we’re working on tools for both.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Language Programmer at Epic Games, you will be at the center of our mission to enable the next generation of game developers. We are looking for someone with an interest in and love of programming languages to help develop a new language for coding game experiences at metaverse scale!
In this role, you will
- Implement new language features
- Build out and maintain the language compiler and tool chain
- Work closely with language consumers to ensure an exceptional user experience
- Design and maintain the scripting interface to the Unreal Engine
- Fix bugs and maintain the language code base
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in C++
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine
- Familiarity and experience with gameplay scripting
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Experience in language compiler and tool chain development
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.