Senior Internal Auditor
11 days ago
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting To: Internal Audit Manager
Department: Internal Audit
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Santa Monica, California
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for evaluating financial and business process SOX controls, performing end-to-end operational audits, and actively supporting Internal Audit’s initiatives in data analytics, audit procedure automation and continuous monitoring. At Activision Blizzard, the Internal Audit department is a global function with team members in London and Santa Monica. This role is based at the Santa Monica headquarter and will be primarily focusing on Activision Blizzard’s North American operations.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist team leadership in risk assessment exercises and planning activities for operational audits and the annual SOX cycle.
- Conduct effective process walkthroughs with business stakeholders and develop high-quality narratives and flowcharts.
- Perform analysis of transactional data to identify process/control weaknesses and inform audit approach and testing.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls and key reports, and document testing in detailed, high-quality work papers.
- Identify control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities, and work with process owners to develop pragmatic solutions to issues.
- Draft high-quality audit reports to communicate observations.
- Follow up on the implementation of management’s action plans to address identified control gaps.
- Actively support business stakeholders in the preparation and maintenance of control and process documentation (e.g., policies and procedures, narratives, flowcharts, RCMs, etc.).
- Work in close liaison with external audit team, operational management, and business stakeholders to coordinate year-round audit efforts.
- Work with the business departments to provide guidance and assurance on key projects and critical change activities (e.g., system implementation, company strategic initiatives).
- Actively support Internal Audit’s initiatives in audit procedure automation and continuous monitoring.
- Contribute actionable insights to improve Internal Audit’s strategy execution and operations. Positively support knowledge sharing and thought leadership within the Internal Audit department, and with external networks.
- Build a strong network within internal audit and in the wider business to facilitate career development.
- Engage regularly with audit and industry communities to stay current on new developments and risks, and anticipate changes arising from both internal and external factors.
- CPA or CIA certified or actively pursuing certification.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience strongly preferred. Can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of internal control methodology, operational audit (planning, fieldwork, reporting), and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404. Familiar with AuditBoard a plus.
- Working knowledge in audit data analytics and RPA preferred. Familiar with Galvanize/ACL or IDEA a plus. Strong interest in on-the-job learning of programming skills a plus.
- Will be communicating across all levels of the organization and should therefore have strong presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to the audience.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented. Should be capable of delivering quality audit work by agreed deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player, able to support and work together with other auditors, whilst being able to work independently.
- Take a collaborative approach, building robust relationships with stakeholders, and challenging stakeholders with confidence and gravitas where necessary.
- Must be able to think critically and methodically about problems and bring a business perspective to the role and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Be decisive, able to discuss a point of view while accommodating different perspectives and have excellent persuading and influencing skills to explain complex risk and control concepts to operational management.
- Embrace opportunities for professional development to increase technical capabilities through stretch assignments, rotations, and trainings.
- Be down to earth and capable of working in a diverse organization, demonstrating strong personal credibility and integrity.
- Audit experience in entertainment and/or software industry preferred. Familiar with controls and processes around software development, content productions, revenue recognition, royalty etc. Knowledgeable about Activision/Blizzard products a huge plus.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.