This job might no longer be available.
Senior Interaction Engineer
10 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As Lead Interaction Engineer you love to prototype new ideas, especially those that touch a number of topics. From Computer Vision to AI, UX to Animation, anything goes. You are motivated and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
For this role, you will be working on a small team and will develop tools and examples to improve workflows for content creation on our platform. With a focus on user and developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting and new experiences on our platform.
You must have excellent engineering skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products on mobile, desktop or virtual. You should have experience working with games software or similar real time systems. You are prepared to tackle projects with only high level direction in a fast-paced environment.
You are passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing and are ready and eager for the challenges involved in creating world-class experiences and tools that fulfill the potential of Magic Leap’s groundbreaking technology.
- Design, implement, optimize and debug software tools and systems
- Work within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality Tools and Content Examples
- R&D with latest tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Mentor junior engineers and provide constructive feedback
- Strong focus on proofing and prototyping Product team directives.
- 6+ years of professional experience building interactive experiences in gaming or real-time 3D technologies
- Deep understanding of Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Deep understanding of established programming design patterns
- Self motivated problem solver
- Experience working with Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with JS/WebGL/WebXR.
- Computer Vision experience
- Strong C/C++ experience for our Lumin Platform.
- Masters in the CS field, or equivalent experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.