Senior Instructional Designer
15 days ago
You will work in the Learning Production Studio at Ubisoft HQ to create blended training in various formats for employees. The productions team is composed of instructional designers, project managers, a UI/UX designer, a motion designer, and a web programmer. You will collaborate with the Learning Program Managers and the Learning Deployment Team who define training needs and deployment requirements. The role requires contact with internal and external partners.
In this position, you will handle the following topics:
1. Design learning programs: for each learning need to be addressed, you build:
- the learning program framework: the capacities to develop, the operational goals, the modalities or activities to use, the assessment criteria…
- the learning journey and the learning program’s global experience.
2. Identify and design learning resources: for each modality or activity of the learning programs, you build the learning content framework, provide the already existing learning resources identified, and design the new resources that need to be created from scratch.
3. Participate to the production of the learning programs: all along the production phase, you work with the production team to ensure the quality of the learning resources and the learning deployment team to help ensure a smooth deployment and maximise exposure to the learning programs (brief the team, find solutions, test and give feedback).
4. Maintain and improve the quality of the learning programs over time: After the launch of the learning programs, you collaborate with the Learning Program Managers, the Production and Deployment teams, to maintain and improve the quality of the learning program’s content and the learners’ experience. With the results and feedback from learners, you design and drive the implementation of the necessary amendments to the learning programs.
5. Act as a lead instructional designer: as a senior instructional designer, you are expected to:
- coordinate the design of large-scale programs that require several instructional designers,
- support the development of more junior instructional designers when needed,
- track trends in pedagogy and blended learning, and share them within the Global Learning and the L&D network,
- work with the studio Director to implement impacting and innovative pedagogical approaches, improve processes, methodologies, and organization of the design team.
To perform in this role:
- You possess a degree or background in education, cognitive psychology, social sciences or instructional design. You have significant experience in designing complex programs, with different formats (self-paced and instructor led), and monitoring the on-the-job impact results of these programs.
- You have a systemic thinking, an ability to apprehend complex systems and a taste for innovation.You demonstrate organization, thoroughness, adaptability, flexibility skills and team spirit.
- You have an entertainment culture and appetite for video games.
- You have verbal & written communication skills in English.
- You are familiar with the most effective and innovative pedagogical theories and practices.
- You are able to animate and drive workshops with subject matter experts.
- You know all there is to know about pedagogical scripting and storyboarding.
💰 Profit Sharing, yearly company saving plan. 25 paid time off + 12 additional paid days off. 50% of your Navigo pass is paid by the company, lunch vouchers (9€/day), healthcare for you and your family, and lots of Ubisoft additional perks.
👶 Maternity leaves of 20 weeks, paternity/co-parental leaves of 7 weeks.
📍 Our brand new office is located in Saint Mandé, (Metro line 1, Saint Mandé station). Gym available in the building. Ability to work remotely.
- [30 minutes]: phone call with a Recruiter,
- [60 minutes]: visio interview with the manager of the role and a Recruiter,
- [60 minutes]: Business case and debrief of the business case with the manager,
- [30 minutes]: visio interview with the Senior Director Global Learning.
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers’ community.
The job reports to the International HQ
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
- Location: Paris, or in France with the ability to come to Paris
- Duration of work: Full time
- Remote or on-site: Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid, with the ability to come to Paris
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.