12 days ago
Product Madness is a Global Powerhouse where the greatest mobile games and experiences are crafted by world-class talent. A top-grossing leader in free to play mobile games, we have more than 800 team members working across seven global talent hubs including London (headquarters), USA, Canada, Spain, Poland and Ukraine. With remarkable hit games including Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lighting Link and Big Fish Casino, we boast more than 50 million active users and 400 million downloads and counting.
We are Mad about games and the way they bring people together, and that passion and culture is what brings us together as a studio, connects us with our partners we collaborate with, and is what links us to our sister studios across the world.
Product Madness is an Aristocrat Technologies company within its digital game’s division of Pixel United.
Job Posting TitleInfrastructure Engineer
SummaryCloud Infrastructure Engineers at Product Madness live and breathe in production looking for opportunities to improve reliability through observability, engaging with the technical groups. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps Group. The ideal candidate will take part in creating the next generation of CI/CD pipelines and our DevOps practices & culture inside Product Madness, using cutting edge modern technologies.
The successful applicant for this position will be a person with deep experience, highly motivated and a technical leader with a passion for automation. You have the experience to innovate and shape the future of our platforms. Our environments are highly complex, so you will need to be motivated and energised to solve complex problems. Your knowledge and experience will be crucial to design and develop high performing cloud-based software products using traditional Agile methodologies and modern frameworks. Apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to the platform.
The key to the DevOps group's success is engagement across teams, contributing to the development and operation of games and services which meet reliability targets.
Product Madness is growing fast, which means as a Senior DevOps Engineer you will have to balance speed to production while maintaining focus on crucial reliability metrics and processes.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a key member of the leadership team as we implement and improve our Engineering best practice across the business.
What You'll Do
- Help accelerate in delivering best-in-breed cloud services for our customers in line with the adoption of the very DevOps best engineering practices and principles across the organisation..
- Deploy and configure production systems, focusing on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
- Collaborate with other cloud engineers to design, implement and evolve automated CI/CD pipelines in the cloud.
- Engage in the design, collaborating with product owners and architects to ensure that solutions help our customers and achieve the desired business goals.
- Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to incidents that impact availability, and provide support for Cloud Operation Engineers
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Work with DevOps Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers, Full-Stack Software Engineers, Data Engineers, and Product Managers to scale the Product Madness platform to deliver functional customer-facing products.
- Design, Build and maintain multiple environments on GCP using infrastructure as a code approach.
- Design, Implement and manage the CI/CD processes up to production environments.
- Researching and Implementing new technologies to expand engineering capabilities in both production and development environments.
- Make important technical decisions in the designing, creating and maintaining Product Madness’s Devops Infrastructure.
- Containerizing our services and managing them with leading orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes).
- Design and manage Product Madness’s auto-scaling mechanism to help us manage Millions of customers around the world in a modern and scalable way.
- Interface and work closely with various R&D Groups (Architects, Principal Engineers Developers, Product Managers).
- Be part of product architectural and infrastructure design -own the overall Development life cycle
- Maintaining, optimising and automating processes in a large scale of production environments.
- Supporting other Devops engineers & Developers by providing necessary training, advice and mentorship.
- Support production environments - troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
What We're Looking For
Qualifications & Experience
- Deep technical experience as a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer (5+ years) leading technical teams across multiple teams within the software engineering domain
- Expertise in Java, Python, Ruby or experience in another programming language
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD design and practice
- Preferable to have experience in developing large-scale, enterprise-class distributed systems or subsystems that require high availability, low-latency & strong data consistency computing
- Public Cloud, preferably GCP but AWS and Azure is good too!
- Experience with Cloud Architecture Design principles and Cloud Architect certification
- Strong experience in developing Infra as Code constructs for fully automated infrastructure creation and orchestration using tools like Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies such as: Jenkins, ArgoCD, CircleCI, etc - a must
- Hands-on implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in complex environments.
- Proven experience working in a production environment - a must
- Solid experience implementing production-grade Kubernetes Clusters with containerised environments and microservices (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible is an advantage)
- Solid understanding of networking technologies mainly focuses on networking for clouds
- Experience with Service Mesh solutions such as Anthos, Istio, Consul - Advantage
- Experience with monitoring and log analysis tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, etc. - Advantage
- Naturally curious with a boldness to pursue aspirations as a committed lifelong learner
- You have great interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with your team members and other teams across the business
- You have an eye for detail and can apply logical thinking when managing tasks
- You are super organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- You are flexible, team-oriented and willing to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Allergic to manual, repetitive tasks with a desire to remove Toil
- Obsesses over systems performance and values simplicity over complexity
- Passionate about customer user journeys
- An Innate curiosity of how things work
Why Product Madness ?
Product Madness is so much more than just a Pool table and a foosball game.
We believe in an honest and transparent approach with our teammates. Company wide weekly Town Halls, All Hands and strategy meetings are just a few ways in which we encourage an open and honest path to achieving complete transparency.
Despite a pandemic, there isn’t a day where we don’t feel connected to one another.
With frequent events, workshops, giveaways, slack coffee and donut sessions we have definitely brought on our office culture to this new virtual world of zoom calls.
We also try to cater for all our staff’s needs – be that a freshly brewed cappuccino made by our professional barista in our free coffee shop or by providing a bountiful supply of tasty snacks to keep us refueled and buzzing.
We love to organise plenty of social get-togethers and action-packed activity days, be it slipping inside an inflatable bumper ball for a mad session of football zorbing or throwing caution to the wind and traversing giddy treetop rope courses at Go Ape. On top of these team-building activities, our lunch and learn workshops, not to mention the lavish Christmas and summer parties, foster that ‘work hard, play hard’ mantra. Our offices are based in the heart of the metropolises of London and Lviv, surrounded by an abundance of diversity and inspiration to keep those ideas flowing.
People FirstWe have the deepest respect for our people and their well being. We know they are exceptionally talented and will always have a choice. We want them to re-choose us every day. We are committed to building a culture where each person's voice will always be heard and addressed.
MAD for MoreAlways improving, innovating and never settling for the existing. We push all boundaries with courage and ambition to become the world’s best games company.
Globally InclusiveWe are all Equal - regardless of the language we speak, where we live, our gender, religion or culture we come from. We want to build a global home, where everyone has the equal opportunity to make an impact.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Customer FocusedWe always think from the customer's perspective - be it players or internal customers.Improving their experience and joy is what drives us. Every client's success is our big win!