This job might no longer be available.
Senior Information Security Engineer
1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven security engineer with a passion for protecting corporate systems and information. This role will help secure the company by building and implementing security policies and procedures throughout our enterprise ecosystem. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify security needs, architect solutions and resolve issues to support the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of corporate computer systems, networks and information
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures
- Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices
- Architect and maintain Identity management systems (Okta, Azure AD)
- Own security for enterprise SaaS platforms and infrastructure
- Help build and implement security best practices for our MDM platforms (Jamf, Intune)
- Maintain fleet security with EPP/EDR and other tooling as needed
- Assist in the building, enforcement and monitoring of compliance regulations, including but not limited to, SOX
- Conduct penetration testing to find exploitable weaknesses
- Analyze business needs, research and recommend security solutions
- Partner with procurement to perform RFPs for security tools when needed
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Perform root cause analysis and drive resolution on security related issues
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience in IT security or another related field
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Mastery of identity management platforms such as Okta, AzureAD, AD, etc.
- Experience with zero trust security, MDM, DLP, SIEM, EPP/EDR, CASB, VPN, IPS/IDS, and vulnerability management
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience implementing and maintaining SOX compliance measures
- Deep understanding of IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, NIST
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop and execute IT processes
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience scripting in Bash, Python
- Experience with SASE architecture
- Experience with Google Workspace security
- Experience with Github Enterprise
- Experience scripting in Powershell
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.