Senior, Indirect Tax
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior, Indirect Tax
Job Title: Senior, Indirect Tax
Reporting To: Manager, Tax Operations
Department: Corporate Tax Operations
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The Senior, Indirect Tax will join a strong corporate tax operations group that is an integral part of the tax team at Activision Blizzard. The Senior will play a key role in helping the team with day-to-day tax operations functions such as state and local tax compliance, tax controversy and other projects, as required, to support business partners and department needs. This position will also interact with key finance, accounting, and other business partners across Activision Blizzard. We are seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented team player with strong organization and project management skills that wants to hit the ground running. This person will report to the Manager, Tax Operations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of indirect tax compliance and driving operational process improvements in Sales & Use Tax, Property Tax, and Business Tax workflows.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use and indirect tax liability accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of all relevant sales tax registration filings to ensure the Company is compliant with all state and local sales tax registration requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Federal and State estimated tax payments.
- Assist with indirect and direct tax audits, including preparation of data collection and analysis, reviewing data for accuracy, gathering documentation and investigating any issues.
- Assist in documenting, reviewing and analyzing processes to identify efficiencies and opportunities for simplification or tax automation.
- Utilize computer applications to compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Assist with special projects and tax initiatives.
- Conduct tax research and document tax issues as requested.
- Be able to work and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of ongoing systems improvements and automated tools critical to future growth of the tax department
- Assist with tracking U.S. tax policy changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting.
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting experience with a proven track record in indirect tax compliance.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced, informal work environment.
- Strong organization and execution skills with particular attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Alteryx and One Source product experience is a plus.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.