Senior IT Technician
1 month ago
Your life at Ubi
The Local IT Senior Technician is responsible for task assignment and completion within the team, using his knowledge of best practices and needs of every department to train technicians and provide technical mentorship to them, while also delivering on-site support on the hardware and software used by Ubisoft employees.
Your main mission
- Offer on-site support to end users on hardware (workstation and printing) and standard softwares (Windows OS, office pack);
- Ensure Security team best practices application for workstation; update knowledge base with newly diagnosed problems;
- Build and install the new employees work environment, train new employees and interact with external vendors regarding repair of hardware;
- Be proactive, identify and communicate potential improvement to its manager and ensure follow-up on issues and requests;
- Test and regularly do technological watch on internal tools and systems, contacting and issuing tickets for other teams when needed
- Acting as a task leader within the team, under the guidance of the Local IT Site Manager
- Plan and manage big setups (ex: events, training sessions, site floor technical revamps)
The professional value you bring
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news, excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Good English skills (spoken and written);
- Good knowledge of networking, cabling, SMS, Active Directory
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment is an asset
- Previous expertise with printing materials;
- Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is an asset;
- Agile methodologies and Mac OS X are an asset.
The personal value you bring
- Analytical skills and being accountable for his/her actions
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- A passion for being involved with/ use new technologies and standards to change
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.