This job might no longer be available.
Senior IT Systems Engineer
13 days ago
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a Sr. Systems Administrator you’ll have confidence in your core skills and mentor fellow system administrators. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by previous experiences, references, and lessons learned on the way. Based in our San Francisco HQ office you will be an integral part of the operations team supporting our main datacenter facilities and North America offices and serve as an escalation for other global Zynga locations.
- Install, configure, and maintain enterprise-class Windows/Active Directory services implementation.
- Help maintain Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 messaging system.
- Monitor system utilization, capacity, and quality.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve complex problems using best practices.
- Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and expansion activities.
- Support and manage heterogeneous systems/applications.
- Provide peer review to other systems administrators to validate proposed configurations and changes.
- Participate in complex team projects and ongoing maintenance.
- Maintain security controls and compliance on all hardware and systems.
- Occasionally available for late evenings and 24x7 response to critical issues on corporate infrastructure.
What you will bring:
- Hands on commercial experience working with Microsoft Server 2008 R2+, Active Directory, core infrastructure services including but not limited to; AD, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, File & Print Services.
- MS SQL, PowerShell scripting, and Certificate Services.
- Strong Exchange and Office 365 skills are a plus.
- Experience supporting OSX clients is a plus.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts; DNS, DHCP, sub-netting, load balancing, 802.1q etc.
- Strong understanding of enterprise class storage system and enterprise monitoring.
- Strong Linux administration skills are a plus.
- Hands on experience with enterprise class HA and DR implementations.
- Hands on experience working with virtual infrastructure solution, primarily VMware core technologies. Knowledge of other hypervisors or converged infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with hybrid cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc..
- Familiar with enterprise class server hardware (HP, Dell), including building bare-metal servers, RAID configurations, out-of-band management, and break/fix.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.