Senior IT Support Specialist
18 days ago
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced IT Specialist to support the Cold Iron team.
Are you passionate about delivering great customer service with a strong drive to personally lean in, be a part of things, solve problems, and make a difference? Do you want to work with a world-class team to make great games? We want to hear from you!
This is a hybrid position and will require regular visits, sometimes with short notice, to our office in downtown San Jose.
Your Day to Day
- The ability to work and think independently, be a self-starter, take initiative, and be highly effective with or without detailed work direction is an absolute must
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests related to IT issues
- Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down
- Research and recommend specifications for new hardware and software which matches our needs (workstations, computer servers, cloud services, etc.)
- Determine IT goals based on corporate needs and provide technical leadership
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users
- Configure servers, switches, VPN, firewalls, etc.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software
- Responsible for PCs, Printers, Servers and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc)
- Provide technical guidance on applications and security practices
- Conduct and present root cause analysis of incidents as appropriate
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role (Helpdesk support/technician)
- Authentic, warm, savvy, communicative
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Strategic technical and business thinking, taking calculated risks and able to pivot quickly
- Proven ability to deploy, configure, and support operating systems on desktop and mobile
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular attention to detail
- Strong customer service centric approach with diligent follow-up
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, stakeholders, budget, and time.
- Have a high respect for the handling of confidential or sensitive information
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Google Workplace, and other computer and cloud applications
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish trust with leaders, hiring managers, colleagues and candidates/applicants, employees, and the public at large
Would love to see
- Experience or interest working in video gaming industry
- This is a hybrid position and will require regular visits, sometimes with short notice, to our office in downtown San Jose.
About our Location
Cold Iron is a team of passionate game developers located in San Jose, California. We’re a diverse group of veterans with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles on PC and console. We launched Aliens: Fireteam Elite in August 2021 to critical acclaim and to a very devoted fan base.
Exceptional employee benefits, Remote work; 18 days PTO first year in addition to 11 paid holidays plus company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, annual stipend to help cover work from home expenses, ultra-creative environment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.