Senior IT Engineer
15 days ago
Job Title:Senior IT Engineer
At Activision Central Tech, we are looking for a hands-on Senior IT Engineer to help support our teams and systems at a global scale! The role will be based out of Sherman Oaks, California and will work with the Sr. IT Manager.
Primary responsibilities include designing and implementing end user computing solutions as well as maintaining our data center environments. It is important in this role to have the capability and the willingness to provide support in all other areas of IT including help desk, asset management, monitoring, data storage, patch management and backup. You will need to be able to address, diagnose and resolve problems quickly and efficiently in an expeditious, studio environment. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently with a wide variety of teams and users.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain EUC applications across Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Ensure all IT assets are tracked, compliant and aligned with all security policies
- Coordinate system upgrades, patch management and security updates across multiple teams.
- Oversee office and data center server, storage and network infrastructures (planning, configuration, installation and maintenance).
- Provide user documentation for configurations and procedures.
- Global desktop support for on-site users in multiple offices as well as remote users.
- Onboard new users and equipment (both on-site and remote).
- Validated ability in IT (5+ years).
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Detailed understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux environments.
- Microsoft SCCM and Intune for Windows endpoint management.
- Jamf for Apple device management.
- LDAP (Active Directory) and productivity services (Office 365, Google Workspace).
- Detailed knowledge of office and data center build out requirements (space, power, cooling, low voltage, etc.).
- Management of file, block and object storage architectures (NetApp, Isilon, etc.).
- Enterprise infrastructure management tools (Dell OpenManage, HPE OneView, etc.).
- Scripting and automation skills.
- Virtualization, containerization, scaling (Proxmox, Docker, etc.).
- Basic networking (routes, security groups, firewall rules).
- Experience working and supporting a studio game development environment.
- Experience working with game development kits.
- Experience with game development applications and tools (Perforce, Confluence/JIRA, Autodesk, Adobe Creative Cloud).
- System management certifications (SCCM, Jamf 200).
- Network certifications (JNCIA, CCNA, CompTIA Network+).
- Experience with DCIM tools for space utilization and planning (dcTrack, NetBox, etc.).
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network in the world!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for "Every World’" - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.