Senior Hero Designer - Overwatch
24 days ago
Job Title:Senior Hero Designer - Overwatch
The Overwatch team is looking for an accomplished designer to help create our next great hero!
You have experience in design at creating player characters and player abilities. You have the knowledge to create memorable heroes that are unique in their identity and gameplay. You can drive your design from start to finish. You adapt and align with the project fantasy and think of the user experience in everything you do.
You enjoy working with a team that strives for greatness, sharing ideas and assignments in a collaborative, iterative fashion. You have proven experience in system design and a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. You are passionate about video games, knowledgeable about Overwatch, and are excited to contribute to the overall success of the game!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- 5 years of experience as a designer on the player character and/or related systems
- Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, and production
- Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling player experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong game design philosophies
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Extensive experience developing or playing first-person shooters.
- Passion for video games
- Design experience on a multiplayer coop game
- Design experience in system design
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) disciplines: art, programming, production, or sound
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.