This job might no longer be available.
Senior Hard Surface Artist
5 days ago
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We are looking for a Senior Hard Surface Artist to join our Valencia studio who will help raise the quality of our game.
What We Need:
31st Union studio is looking for a talented Hard Surface Artist with a stunning portfolio that demonstrates expertise in hard surface modelling, but also strong organic forms. We expect you to have a passion for games as well as demonstrate a clear knowledge of current modelling and texturing practices. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at 31st Union team location and work on an exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Create and design a wide range of high-quality assets (high-poly and low-poly versions) and ensuring their efficient integration in the game.
- Work with the Lead Hard Surface Artist, designers & all involved disciplines to create production quality assets matching the art and style of the game.
- Work extensively with the technical art team on certain aspects of the project which will involve the iteration of assets & collaboration across multiple locations.
- Sketch in 3D and iterate in the design phases in order to give visibility to all involved parties (always comes in handy).
- Help concept artists design structures using experience and modelling expertise or occasionally create your own concepts based on Project Art Style.
- Share knowledge about hard surface modelling among character team members.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Experience in a similar role (hard surface modelling) in videogames industry
- Deep understanding of mechanical engineering, functionality, and design
- Game experience in 3D modelling in Maya and 3DSMax
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer & PBR workflows
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong UV unwrapping and mapping skills for hard surface
- Strong technical skills and understanding of modern game art pipelines and methodologies
- Willingness to improve workflows for the project’s benefit
- Minimum three years of experience in game industry
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Genuine team player with a positive attitude
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Zbrush
- Feeling comfortable modelling organic hard surface
- Overpaint experience for quick representation of feedback
- Is familiar with medium-poly and custom face weighted normal workflow.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.)
- Passion for videogames and knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.