Senior HR Manager, Blizzard Technology, Battle.net & Online Products | Irvine, CA
16 days ago
Job Title:Senior HR Manager, Blizzard Technology, Battle.net & Online Products | Irvine, CA
Title : Senior HR Manager, Blizzard Technology, Battle.net & Online Products
Manager : Vice President, Human Resources, Blizzard Technology & Operations
Location : Irvine, CA, USA
As Senior HR Manager and HR Business Partner for Blizzard Entertainment, you will be a strategic business partner, culture carrier, and trusted advisor for our technology and Battle.net & online products (B&OP) organizations. Our technology and Battle.net organizations deliver a unified technology vision and strategy in support all Blizzard games, products and services. This HR position requires an experienced, collaborative, and influential leader who understands technical organizations, roles, talent and careers. They will partner closely with executives across Blizzard to advance people strategies and solutions that are aligned with short and long-term organization and operational goals. This role is a fantastic opportunity to transform an organization and drive innovation across Blizzard.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will
- Grow the Blizzard Chief Technology Officer organization as it expands its influence and impact
- Significantly improve the organization structure and operating model across several technical teams to improve Blizzard and game team outcomes
- Successfully lead and implement day to day HR workflow operations in a distributed environment, providing both in person and virtual support
- Lead well-planned and implemented organizational change efforts, ensuring employee impact is at the forefront of organizational decisions
- Increase employee engagement and decrease voluntary turnover by identifying levers and implementing effective strategies in partnership with leadership
- Be accountable for the approach and outcome on employment matters; improving intended performance and reduce people-related risks
- Leverage the resources of the global human resources organization, providing full-scope HR support to leaders including executive coaching, employee relations, compensation, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, and people development
- Drive integrity and accountability for execution of HR employee lifecycle processes throughout assigned organizations, including goal setting, performance management, talent planning and annual merit (compensation)
- Lead and participate in other cross-functional projects as needed to improve HR processes, policies, and systems
- Work with leaders and employees to identify, establish, and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion
This successful leader must possess unquestionable character and the highest level of integrity. They will be a respected leader with a blend of strategic, operational and leadership skills continuously applied to improve the company’s culture. Additionally, they should possess exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative and critical thinking skills while serving as a hands-on leader and collaborator.
Specific requirements include:
- 10+ years of dynamic experience in all aspects of Human Resources
- Confirmed experience and results leading full lifecycle HR primarily for technical/engineering talent
- Highest level of integrity with a confirmed ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Experience supporting and influencing senior leaders to make better people decisions that achieve business results
- Experience and passion for using facts, data and analytics to build people-centric business cases and solutions
- Organization design and development experience, including strong change management
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; high IQ, high EQ, passion, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risks
- Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive problem solver, roll-up-one’s-sleeves attitude with courage of conviction, a strong work ethic and steadfast integrity
- Outstanding project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a complex, dynamic business environment
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in human resources, business, or related field strongly preferred.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $105,120.00 - $194,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.