This job might no longer be available.
Senior HR Location Partner
Austin, TX, United States
2 months ago
Unity is growing fast! As a Senior HR Locational Partner based in our Austin Office and supporting employees based in the US, you will be a trusted strategic HR partner.
You will be the subject matter expert for employment law and the custom and practice for the HR process in these locations, providing local expertise to our remote business leaders and HR Business Partners. In addition you will be a key point of contact for the employees based in these locations, partner with them and local leaders to ensure we have the right HR strategies and culture in place to make working at Unity a great experience for all employees. You will also work closely with HR specialists in our COE (Center of Excellence) Teams such as HR Operations, Benefits, Diversity & Inclusion and Employee Relations to support the work they drive on a local level.
Reporting into the HR LP Manager who is based in Copenhagen, you will join a supportive friendly team of experienced strategic HR professionals based in offices across the Americas and EMEA regions. Given the virtual nature of this team the role allows for you to be empowered and work autonomously, and at the same time working as a team, building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues who are based in Montreal and other locations and time zones to yourself will be key. There may be occasional business travel and some flexibility will be required to accommodate partnering with teams in different timezones.
- Be a go-to person for the US offices, building trusting relationships with local Leaders and Employees
- Provide partnership, locational expertise and services to relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance, best practice and drive cultural alignment and employee experience
- Build and maintain employee morale and culture and own action planning for locations on the results of our employees surveys and other data sources
- Build and execute HR strategy, policies and initiatives for the locations you support, offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution, providing insights to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
- Develop a strong relationship with all relevant internal partners such as the local leadership teams, HR Business partners Team, HR Operations, Recruitment Teams and Other HR Specialists
- Contribute to and deliver on global HR initiatives and projects
- Experienced in US employment Law with the ability to make procedural decisions and exercise judgment with sensitive/ confidential issues
- Relevant experience in an HR role working directly with senior level management on legal compliance, employee engagement and strategic initiatives
- Experience with coaching, conflict resolution and strong relationship and team building skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English within a variety of communication settings and styles
- Ability to work on an empowered autonomous way and to build relationships virtually
- Ability to use real-time problem-solving skills to thrive in an environment that is entrepreneurial
- Experience working in a fast pace and global environment
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.