Senior Graphics Engineer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Sr. Graphics Engineer position is responsible for building out exciting rendering systems and features to bring our team’s vision to life.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with designers, artists, and programmers, to design, implement and iterate on rendering systems.
- Extending existing rendering systems to provide new or improved functionality to meet the needs of the content teams.
- Optimizing high and low-level rendering code for console platforms.
- Researching into new real-time rendering techniques and features.
What craft expertise you’ll have:
- Technology Knowledge
- Required: Strong C++ programming ability.
- Required: Knowledge of HLSL/PSSL.
- Desired: DirectX experience.
- Desired: C# experience.
- Tool Knowledge
- Required: Visual Studio with strong experience debugging and profiling code.
- Desired: Experience with CPU and GPU profiling tools; Razor, RenderDoc, etc.
- Desired: Experience working with PS4 or PS5 hardware.
- Desired: Perforce, Jira, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Craft Experience
- Required: Solid understanding of real-time rendering techniques.
- Desired: Hands-on experience implementing rendering systems for AAA games with experience in at least one of the following; lighting, shadows, GI, particles, water, fog, post effects, or pipeline optimizations.
- Degree: B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Years of Experience: 7+ years of rendering programming preferred.
- Desired: Strong preference for a candidate that has shipped at least 2 AAA console game.
- Additionally, you should possess
- A proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- A growth mindset.
- A desire to eliminate unnecessary inheritance, templates, and operator overloading.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.