Senior Graphics Engineer
Burnaby, British Columbia
6 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Skybox Labs is looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Graphics Engineer to develop and optimize highly performant real-time graphics on some of the world's biggest AAA titles! As a key member of the rendering team and working collaboratively with all disciplines, you will develop bleeding-edge, realistic graphics for ambitious projects shipping on the latest PC and console platforms.
- Develop and optimize highly performant real-time graphics features
- Refactor existing rendering systems to improve functionality and increase performance
- Profile and optimize CPU and GPU performance
- Drive new features and upgrades while leveraging modern rendering techniques
- Collaborate with artists, technical artists and designers to develop new features
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Identify issues and suggest improvements to rendering techniques, tools and workflows
- Anticipate and provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to project leads
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Share your knowledge and have an impact across our entire studio!
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in the games industry
- 3+ years of experience working on real-time graphics and rendering systems for AAA games
- Experience shipping multiple game titles on PC and console
- Advanced C++ programming and debugging skills
- Proficiency in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 12 and Vulkan
- Deep understanding of rendering architecture, pipelines and runtime optimization
- Strong profiling and optimization skills
- Proven knowledge of advanced and modern rendering techniques
- Experience providing technical leadership and/or managing people
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.