Senior Graphics Engineer
18 days ago
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
A Senior Graphics Engineer works closely with other engineers and artists to develop technology that brings their artistic vision to life in-game at blistering speeds. You must be able to interact cross-discipline to communicate ideas and implement them in a collaborative nature.
- Plan, create and tune graphics-related code in a custom game engine
- Improve artists’ speed and productivity through improvements to the art pipeline
- Deliver analysis and optimization solutions for performance bottlenecks
- Implement, test, and parameterize new shaders in the engine
- 5+ years experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience creating graphics code for the gaming industry
- Strong Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Direct3D/OpenGL/Vulkan
- Experience with graphics profilers and debuggers
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Full understanding of game tool pipelines from content creator to in-game.
- Understanding of the latest game rendering technologies such as dynamic global illumination, real-time ray tracing, etc.
- Have shipped multiple AAA Games
- Development experience on Xbox consoles
- Development experience in Unreal 4, Unity, and custom game engines
- Experience with profiling tools such as PIX
- Have strong leadership skills
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Working experience with a CI/CD system (e.g., GitLab, Travis CI, Circle CI, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Contributor to open-source projects
- An active member of one or more technical communities
- Programming experience in one or more “weird” programming languages
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.