This job might no longer be available.
Senior Graphics Engineer
12 days ago
Would you like to work on cutting edge technology in some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an independent Austin studio composed of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
As a Senior Graphics Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will be working closely with artists to develop technology that brings their artistic vision to life in-game at blistering speeds.
- Analyze, refactor, and improve graphics/engine technology and tools
- Improve artists’ speed and productivity through improvements to the art pipeline
- Empower the art team to achieve best in class results while hitting performance targets
- Deliver analysis and optimization solutions for performance bottlenecks
- 5+ years of experience developing 3D games
- Strong skills in C++, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Experience with graphics profilers and debuggers
- Expert knowledge of real time rendering techniques related to lighting and visual effects
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable in a large established codebase
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Development experience on Xbox Series X/S or PS5
- Experience in C# and Python
- Desire to share knowledge and expertise with other engineers
- Passion for multiplayer FPS games
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.