Senior Graphics Developer
1 month ago
Unity is looking for graphics developers! Do you want to acquire cutting-edge expertise in high-end rendering technologies and tools in order to help our customers explore the frontier of real-time 3D within their respective industries? We use the Unity engine to build custom software for a wide range of technically diverse fields, including automotive, retail, architecture, and entertainment. Are you interested in applying your unique skillset across different industries for global companies? If you're technically skilled and are not afraid of being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you!
Your day-to-day work will include writing software for a brand-new application Unity is developing. You'll build upon and customize the rendering pipeline to support the high visual quality level we deliver for our customers. To accomplish this, you'll work with Unity’s rendering technologies, such as HDRP and the Visual Effect Graph, to support novel real-time 3D workflows. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of world class technical artists, 3D artists, application & cloud developers, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and building optimized content and rendering pipelines within custom Unity applications to meet visual and performance targets, with a focus on desktop software deployments
- Creating and adapting rendering features to display customer data in visually pleasing and photorealistic ways
- Becoming deeply knowledgeable about high-end rendering techniques in Unity
- Communicating capabilities and limitations of high-end rendering technology to team members and project leadership
- Collaborating with graphics R&D teams across Unity to develop & apply real-time techniques in custom software applications
What we're looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Experience with rendering pipelines, shaders, low level graphics APIs, and high-level rendering techniques
- Deep familiarity with the mathematics and algorithms involved in computer graphics and rendering and ability to select, apply, and modify rendering techniques to achieve high quality visuals and performance
- Knowledgeable on profiling, analyzing, and improving rendering performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple interactive real-time applications or games
You might also have
- Experience working and communicating with Technical Artists and content creators
- Experience delivering high-quality rendering with Universal Rendering Pipeline (URP)
- Experience with high quality rendering in resource constrained environments. These may include enterprise hardware, mobile platforms, WebGL, XR, and embedded systems
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.