Senior Graphic Designer
10 days ago
Office based in our Sumo Leamington Spa location.
Senior or above positions are available including extra responsibilities such as mentoring or leading projects.
Atomhawk is a leading art and design studio. Our key goal is to provide world-class design and digital art production services to AAA clients across games, film and digital media.
To date we have all manner of creative work for a great range of clients including Warner Brothers, Marvel, Disney and Amazon. We work across a range of disciplines and formats, from console to tablet and VR to retail. As a member of our team you’ll be creating graphic design content across a wide range of styles and formats for our high-profile clients in games, film, TV and digital media.
The primary focus of the role will be graphic design, which includes logos, icons, typography and layouts.
The ideal candidate may be a graphic designer looking to move in to the games industry, or someone already working within the games industry who wants to focus more on graphic output. As well as creative ability, we’re looking for someone who is passionate, enthusiastic and excited to be part of our team. We value confidence without ego, and our whole team plays an active role in building an awesome culture within the studio.
- Working within the Graphic Design team to create top-tier graphic design across a wide variety of asset types.
- Supporting the Animation, Concept Art, Tech Art and Marketing teams on various graphic design requirements across a wide range of projects.
- Supporting the Corporate Brand team in the creation of logos, icons, typography and layout design.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience and proficiency in graphic design.
- Must have a good working knowledge of software including Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Solid understanding of core principles of graphic design, particularly logo design and video game icons.
- Experience delivering graphic design content to strict technical specifications.
- Time management.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal, written and visual forms.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking and take art direction.
- 2D motion graphics experience.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for video games would be a big plus.
- Ideally, some experience working with game development engines including Unreal, Unity and Scaleform.
- Ideally, some experience working with 3D using Maya / 3ds Max / Modo.
Education and Experience:
- HND or Degree qualification in a related subject orequivalent work experience.
- A portfolio that clearly demonstrates an industry-standard level of work.
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names - Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting Mortal Kombat, irreverent and stylised Surgeon Simulator 2, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda - DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer - we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can take a virtual tour of the exhibition
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021 and Top Companies North East 2021. We hold the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, as well as the TIGA Star Award 2021. We were also named Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards.
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive benefit and bonus scheme.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. Not only being one of the UK’s most affordable major cities to live in, it is also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport connections are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group Ltd, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.