Senior Global Payroll Specialist
12 days ago
You are a highly skilled payroll specialist, with expert and in- depth knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of payroll. You are responsible for all Payroll processing and allocated projects for your specific locations.
Working closely across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups, you are required to have a deep understanding on payroll processes on a global scale in order to provide best in practice advice, solutions and resolutions.
You will provide assistance to the wider payroll team and finance leaders to manage tasks and provide information to make informed business decisions.
This role will report to the Global Payroll Operations Manager, woking directly in a team of global payroll specialists.
Your role within our Kingdom
- You are responsible to ensure correct accounting via our payroll journals, maintaining accuracy of transactions to ensure high quality outputs are maintained at all times
- You are responsible for payroll compliance, efficiencies & timeliness for your countries, with scope increasing in complexity and impact.
- Liaise with a number of stakeholders internally (e.g. Employees, HR teams and our payroll provider ADP), providing excellent customer service, payroll knowledge and meet all required SLAs.
- Acts as the first point of contact for Payroll enquiries and cases for locations responsible for, you may work on cases of moderate scope where deep dive analysis and in depth reviews are needed to shape informed decisions or outcomes.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Deliver monthly and annual payroll returns and maintain their accuracy for all employees within remit.
- Lead on projects impacting payroll where appropriate and acts as a key contact when payroll representation is needed outside of the team.
- Provide support on KPI deliverables of payroll and the team.
- Create, amend and run recurring or adhoc reports, checking data and formatting appropriately to ensure they are suitable for use by finance colleagues or the business
- You actively identify problems and opportunities, and champion solutions within payroll and to the wider Financial Shared Services team and wider stakeholders, including HR. This includes supporting team projects, maintains policies and procedures for continual improvements and working with others to up- skill on other SME areas across Payroll.
- Keep up to date on regulation changes for specific supported locations ensure accuracy and service to customers.
- Own and maintain compliance on reports and data with all local regulations regarding payroll and benefits.
- Continue to increase Subject Matter Expertise on your allocated locations, on all payroll and legislative matters, providing expertise support where needed to others.
- to provide additional processing/transaction support as required. You may lead or support the development of more junior peers.
- Work to a global standardised way across your team, to ensure cross country back up & peer checks are completed, highlighting issues and identifying trends.
Skills to create thrills
- Experienced in global Payroll Operations (+3 years). Preferably in UK, Ireland and the Netherlands.
- Excellent payroll knowledge (e.g. statutory, legislative) on multiple countries (+3 years).
- Experienced with Payroll journals and cost analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both internal & externally.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Other languages are a pre.
- Excellent IT skills - particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Have a proactive & positive attitude towards global payroll tasks, process improvements and changes.
- Ability to work well independently and demonstrating initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast- moving, ambitious and matrix organisation.
- High attention to detail, with accuracy as a consistent trademark for all deliverables.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.