Senior Global Media Manager
12 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a dedicated Senior Global Media Manager to lead all aspects of advertising for Magic: The Gathering. We need an expert candidate who will actively collaborate with business partners to develop advertising strategies and implement high-impact digital ad campaigns that drive engagement with our enfranchised players, generate new player growth, and reacquire players.
As a team, we agree on these guiding principles:
- Players First: Always keep the player top-of-mind, using data to constantly improve the player experience.
- A data-informed culture is best.
- If ever in doubt, see the first principle.
If these sound-like concepts you can rally behind, come adventure with us!
What You'll Do:
- Build global media plans across core advertising channels (search, social, display, and programmatic) based on goals set by each product.
- Implement a wide range of media tactics such as performance marketing, brand awareness, direct-to-consumer, and e-commerce across desktop and mobile platforms.
- Track efficiency of campaigns and implement data-informed optimizations to improve product key performance indicators such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Return on Ad Spend, and Retention.
- Onboard and test new media channels to expand our advertising footprint to reach new and existing players.
- Support multiple product campaign initiatives simultaneously.
- Provide expertise on marketing technologies, including ad attribution, process automation, and advanced analytics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization including designers, product engineers, data analysts, and product marketers.
- Identify standard methodologies and techniques across the industry.
- Mentor media managers and demonstrate thought leadership in the media buying space.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of progressive hands-on experience handling cross-platform buying across Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon (AMS), Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, and other industry-leading ad networks.
- 3+ years of advertising strategy and management of a multi-million dollar budget.
- Certification in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Amazon (AMS).
- Track record of building collaborative relationships.
- Knowledge and experience measuring CPV, CPA, CPC, LTV, CAC, CPM, ROAS, Retention, and ACOS.
- Experience using multiple advertising mediums such as statics, videos, and playables formats.
- Proven ability to develop strategies and media plans, and to quantify the reach, efficiency metrics, and overall impact of ad campaigns.
- Record of constant campaign improvements through multivariate testing and optimization.
- Strong technical knowledge of Excel and working with Tableau or equivalent.
- Understanding of privacy laws handling PII and following GDPR and CCPA guidelines.
- Appreciation for gamers and the global gaming community.
- Experience working with global brands.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$126,000 — $219,120 USD