Senior Global Brand Manager, Magic Digital
16 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
We are looking for a results-oriented, highly qualified Senior Global Brand Manager to lead our team of digital gaming marketers. In this role, you'll be responsible for crafting key connections between the live ops and campaign sides of Magic’s portfolio of digital titles. By leading the efforts of our global marketing teams and partnering with key internal BI/CI and paid media groups, you will provide key strategies to improve audience acquisition and retention.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are collaborative with others, have a deep understanding of the digital gaming industry, and like to have fun along the way. You are a passionate, entrepreneurial business mind who can lead teams of diverse skillsets to a goal. The best candidates have a demonstrated background in campaign and/or lifecycle marketing strategies for a digital title or platform. In fact, you have probably led marketing campaigns for new products, developed new business strategies and/or handled product management.
You partner with campaign marketing and life cycle managers attract new audiences into the marketing funnel and work with product teams to retain them.
This is a high-profile role within the company, so you will possess an outstanding sense of self-awareness and strong diplomatic skills. With a keen ability to package results and data to influence and direct decision-making up the chain, you'd rather do and lead than sit back and wait for orders.
What You'll Do
Team Management (30%)
- Direct key priorities for team members to drive business goals
- Coach and lead a team of skilled marketing managers
Campaign Marketing (35%)
- For key launches and titles, build, deliver, and evaluate go-to-marketing campaigns
- Lead marketing channel groups in building and executing marketing plans.
- Collaborate with CI, BI, and Product Management teams to identify trends, new opportunities, and new target markets and set priorities for approach.
- Collaborate with Paid Media and UA teams to determine new strategies and approaches for those targets
- Run and evaluate critical metrics across efforts.
- Provide insights and trends to leadership via regular reports on results.
Lifecycle Marketing (35%)
- Collaborate with CI, BI, and Product Management teams to identify key targets for ongoing retention and re-acquisition efforts; set priorities for efforts.
- Collaboration with Live Ops, Business Intelligence, and Paid Media to influence ongoing retention efforts.
- Lead strategies alongside various product studio partners to identify cross-promotion opportunities with other digital games and Wizards’ tabletop products.
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience campaign marketing or business strategy for a digital game title required.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of gaming industry trends and passion for research
- Experience using data to drive decisions and planning
- Confirmed ability to lead large, cross-functional teams (international teams a plus)
- Proven track record to successfully plan, develop and execute campaigns and projects independently
- Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and positive approach.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.