Senior Generalist Modeler - Advanced Projects
Cary, NC United States of America
3 days ago
Epic Games is searching for a highly skilled Senior Generalist Modeler to join the Advanced Projects team and push the limits of realism in Unreal Engine 4 using the very latest technologies. You will be joining a tight-knit and highly motivated group of people who create pioneering real-time work and drive the quality bar within Epic and throughout the industry. If you eat challenges for breakfast, this is for you!
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic sense, a keen eye for observation, expert proficiency in modeling packages, the ability to model all aspects of an assets from high poly sculpts to low-poly, UVed variants, and a passion for being accurate down to the smallest detail. Emphasis will be on hard surface modeling but a proven ability to model organic surfaces in a big plus.
- Responsible for all geometry on the Advanced Projects team
- Modeling ultra-detailed photorealistic assets, both hard surface and organic
- Handling all aspects of the geometry pipeline - Zbrush, UVs, proxy creation, map bakes, etc.
- Managing outsourcing when needed; ensuring outsourcers are adhering to technical & aesthetic requirements and guidelines that were set by you
- Establish asset workflows and pipelines for the team and various industries
- Pushing asset quality to the limits of what is technically possible
- Experience in the games or VFX industry with a few shipped titles and/or 10+ years experience as a 3D artist
- Demonstrate an incredible eye for photo-realism
- World class modeling skills, preferably in Maya or Max
- Solid communicator with an ability to work between disciplines
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with photorealistic art
- Ability to provide feedback to outsourcers
- Texturing skills a big plus
- Willingness to participate in reference acquisition trips
This is going to be Epic!