Senior Generalist Designer
7 days ago
Blind Squirrel Games is looking for a Senior Generalist Designer to help us create a sci-fi action game based off a prized IP!
The ideal candidate for this role is self-driven and can translate a thorough understanding of a wide range of design responsibilities. They feel just as comfortable doing encounters and level design, as they are scripting and crafting complex game systems.
This is a full-time position available to work remotely or based out of BSG's Irvine, CA or Austin, TX.
The annual salary range being considered for this role is $89,600 - $134,400.
- Take ownership of complex design systems and collaborate cross-functionally to oversee the in-game implementation of related tools and features
- Determine problem areas impacting combat systems, monetization, technical design and craft swift, creative solutions
- Create, block-out, script and markup levels
- Build comprehensive and engaging elements that apply ergonomic principles and accessibility
- Work with and take guidance from Directors to drive design-centric features from concept to completion
- Standardize, document and advocate for high-quality design fundamentals, continuously improving the workflow process as it relates to the game's interactive elements such as game systems, controls, and interfaces
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional discussions related to the development and implementation of tools and required game systems adjustments
- Assist in mentoring junior members of the design team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in the game industry or related area
- A portfolio demonstrating exemplary design experience working in interactive media
- Expertise scripting in Unreal 4/5 or within proprietary game engines
- Strong technical abilities
- Experience with dynamic/systematic content generation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Shipped a triple AAA Game
- 3rd Person action experience
- Good knowledge of the RTS genre