Senior General Programmer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (f/m/d)
19 days ago
As part of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As our new Senior General Programmer (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will be responsible for implementation of new components and systems for the tools and tech on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, for PC and Console. Additionally, you will maintain and optimize the technical backbone of the game, the Snowdrop Engine, contributing to systems such as Rendering, Networking and AI. You will collaborate with other specialist programmers (AI, 3D, physics etc.) as well as designers and producers to achieve goals.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, optimize, and maintain new and existing technologies for the Snowdrop Engine
- Provide and optimize game features with Snowdrop to assist the AAA production in creating memorable experiences for our players
- Maintain and extend the existing engine frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability and performance
- Design and implementation of engine and gameplay components in C++ for PC and Console
- Improve and extend existing Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora systems and features
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Improving tools used by team members
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
What you bring:
- 5+ years' of experience in development, one shipped title is a plus
- Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with reasonable expertise in at least one of these
- Strong programming skills in C++ with excellent debugging and problem-solving ability
- Experience in development with Console SDKs (PS4 and Xbox)
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing, unfamiliar code
- Understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies
- Strong ability in mentoring others
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.