This job might no longer be available.
Senior Games Producer, Classic Games
Irvine, CA, United States
5 months ago
Some of Blizzard's most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it’s battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the High Heavens from the wrath of Diablo, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec’d into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Own production for a functional team. Drive ongoing pipeline improvements, prioritization of the most impactful initiatives and regular deliveries
- Anticipate and manage risks outside your immediate scope, then collaborate to find solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams to ensure that our schedule aligns with all dependencies
- Proactively identify gaps, blockers and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner
- Own the development and communication of schedules, roadmaps and day-to-day tasks
- Work with developers and leadership to coordinate and deliver high quality products
- Develop and drive long term strategies for your area
- Collaborate closely with your functional lead
- Empower, motivate and support to your team to ensure project success
- Work with internal and external teams to guide development from concept to implementation
- Champion the players, teams, and games
- Laud achievements, shield troubles, and lead responsibly
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production or project management role
- Shipped at least one game or multiple large live updates
- Craft, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Communicate effectively with programming, art, and design
- Persistent self-motivation, optimism, and initiative
- Relentlessly self-organized
- Strong prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors
- Good judgment, good understanding of Blizzard and our team’s core values
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- Have worked with multiple different disciplines: Art, Sound, Engineering, Design
- Experience with online games
- BA / BS (or equivalent)