Senior Gameplay Engineer - Systems
1 year ago
Do you appreciate gameplay systems? Do tech trees, crafting, and optimizing the perfect build keep you up late at night? Do you have solid coding skills and enjoy video games? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent, at a company that values diversity and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee while also maintaining a good work-life balance?
As a Senior Gameplay Systems Engineer at Bungie, you will be working closely with design to build, improve, and bring innovation to gameplay systems for progression, achievement, customization and social interaction. You will learn our engine’s capabilities and help us expand them to craft incredible player experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an inspiring team to create the best games in the world. Additionally, you’ll be instrumental in growing the skills and capabilities of engineering peers and more junior staff.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new technology, including forays beyond the core C++ engine (e.g. C++/C# scalable online services)
- Directly manage 1-2 engineers; provide support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
- An experienced professional as an engineer in C++ game development
- Experience managing or mentoring other engineers or leading technical projects
- Effective communication skills
- Experience working on systemic gameplay features such as itemization, crafting, economy, rewards, abilities, progression, retention, etc.
- Experience working with scalable online services
- Experience working with modern console architectures and multi-platform systems
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related discipline