This job might no longer be available.
Senior Gameplay Systems Designer
23 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state-of-the-art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Gameplay Systems Designer to join our award-winning team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a major AAA console title with a team of passionate and highly experienced designers where you will be responsible for some of the game’s moment-to-moment gameplay mechanics and systems.
Ideally you will have experience of creating incredible gameplay on other AAA console games and being responsible for owning them from start to finish.
- Experience working as a Gameplay Systems Designer creating gameplay features and mechanics on at least one published AAA console title.
- Proven experience working within Unreal Engine 4 or 5, as well as with Blueprinting.
- Experience with working on player movement, abilities and weapons, cameras, and exploration mechanics.
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas in engine.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a creative & multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Enjoys a creative challenge with the passion and motivation to drive features forward and make great gameplay.
- Experience of third-person level design and encounter design is a benefit.
- Create and take ownership of core gameplay systems.
- Work closely with the team and all stakeholders collaboratively throughout the game’s development.
- Create compelling and memorable moment to moment gameplay.
- Create and maintain clear and concise documentation for all the features you are responsible for.
- Keep to project vision for best practices, methodologies used and quality benchmark.
- As part of level reviews, able to accept critique and come up with solutions.
- Regularly play the game and provide suggestions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
- Ability to self-motivate as well as working well as part of a team.
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.