Senior Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA
9 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Engineer and work with your peers to deliver gameplay features envisioned by producers and designers.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Familiar in working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks