Senior Gameplay Scripter
4 days ago
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves implementing the gameplay systems, levels, and features that define the project.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking AAA game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Designing and implementing effective Script sub systems at the right levels of abstraction.
- Using appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency in terms of system performance and work.
- Mentoring and supporting team members so the whole team accomplishes their deadlines as they master their skills.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- 5+ years of experience in the videogame industry, with at least 2 shipped titles.
- Excellent knowledge of technical scripting languages such as Lua or C#.
- Capable of reading complex code, understanding its structure and purpose.
- Capable of efficient debugging of game sub systems.
- Solid planning skills (including dependencies on/from other peers) without direct supervision.
- Solid algorithmic skills:
- Time and space complexities.
- Real world cost of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding, and proficiency working with, high level networking concepts.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and the ability to drive topics forward without external help.
- A keen eye for detail and a drive to create polished, high-quality work.
- Ability to detect and clearly communicate potential risks and limitations of work.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
Desirable extra skills/experience:
- Experience working on multiplayer features/network systems.
- Experience working on Analytics/KPIs.
- Programming background and proficiency in C++.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.