Senior Gameplay Programmer
19 days ago
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will contribute to the development of AAA titles for PC and the latest consoles. You will work with a talented team of programmers, designers, animators, artists, and testers to shape the future of gaming. You will collaborate with dynamic teams in Shanghai and esteemed studios across 20+ countries and work with cutting-edge technologies and tools such as our [in-house engine SnowdropTM], [Unity], etc. to create new gameplay mechanics and systems from scratch and elevate existing functionalities.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with game designers and UI Team to implement prototypes, gameplay features, game mechanics, AI behaviors and navigation.
- Engage with cross-functional teams in charge of creating in-game assets, such as game design, level design, art, FX, and sound.
- Implement features focusing on the interaction quality between the player and game.
- Maintain and extend the existing game frameworks in the Snowdrop engine, safeguarding and improving stability and performance.
- Engage in multiple additional programming fields, such as UI, Audio, AI, Network Synchronization, and Engine.
- Design and implement features, modifications, improvements, and optimizations to the existing code base in a clear and structured way.
- Resolve bugs identified by people from other disciplines, the quality control team, and your peers.
- Follow up and update implementation progress on a regular basis with management.
- Document code and features.
- Design and implement complex core systems and features.
- Debug low probability issues in complex or unfamiliar systems.
- Work with the team to improve production processes and enforce best practices.
作为一名游戏逻辑程序员，你将参与开发 PC 和次世代主机端的3A游戏。你将与一支由程序、策划、动画、美术和测试组成的优秀团队合作，共同引领游戏的未来趋势。您将与充满活力的育碧上海团队以及20 家多育碧知名海外工作室合作，使用育碧自研引擎 《Snowdrop》、《Unity》等尖端技术和工具，创建全新游戏机制和系统，并提升现有功能。
- 与游戏策划以及UI 团队合作，制作原型、实现游戏功能、设计游戏机制、编写AI行为与UI功能。
- 维护和扩展 Snowdrop 引擎中的现有游戏框架，保障并提高稳定性和性能
- Proven proficiency in C/C++ programming and debugging, with a good understanding of object-oriented development.
- Experienced in game demo making or prototyping and knowledge of basic algorithms and frameworks used in game development.
- Knowledge of linear algebra related to 3D programming.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and collaborate with others.
- Passion for game development and desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Proven proficiency in refactoring and optimizing existing systems.
- Ability to plan tasks and dependencies.
- Ability to coach and support technical and non-technical team members.
- Experienced as a management role
Nice to Have:
- Creative sensibility for Animation and Behaviors.
- Experience in game development.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages.
- 具有 C/C++ 编程和调试的熟练经验，以及面向对象程序开发的经验。
- 了解与 3D 编程相关的线性代数。
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: We believe that working location flexibility is essential to employee engagement and contributes to our high value of work-life balance
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- Jumpstart your growth: A rich resevoir of premium and exclusive learning resources to support your continuous learning, expand your skillset, and advance your career.
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Ubisoft CSR commitment
Making a long-lasting positive impact for our players, our teams, our partners and our planet.
In Ubisoft, we are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
To learn more about Ubisoft’s Environmental Commitment
Play Green: Ubisoft’s Commitment to Global Carbon Neutrality
About UBISOFT & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft’s first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin’s Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.