Senior Gameplay Programmer
6 days ago
- Designing architecture, prototyping and implementing complex, generic gameplay systems for all our projects to use.
- Maintaining and improving already existing gameplay systems in framework.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and optimizing implementations.
- Creating technical documentation according to Team Standards.
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration.
- Actively attending code reviews.
- Supporting and instructing less experienced team members.
- 6+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- Experienced at least one complete game production cycle (not necessarily during single title)
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong math skills
- Excellent knowledge of UE4 or UE5
- Familiarity with AI, physics, animation and gameplay code in general
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Proficiency with any bug tracking software (JIRA is a plus)
- Proficiency with any source control software (Perforce is a plus)
- Proficiency with any code review software (Swarm is a plus)
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to work with game developers from all disciplines
Nice to have
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.