Senior Gameplay Programmer, Fortnite Creative
3 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
- Own the architecture and implementation of major technical gameplay features and systems
- Deep-dive into industry leading technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
- Help drive and give feedback on the implementation and integration of our new scripting language with Fortnite
- Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to maintain and drive vision
- Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
- Deep-dive on various technical gameplay framework topics, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
- Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
- Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.