Senior Gameplay Engineer
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 months ago
The role will involve working on gameplay systems of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the gameplay programming team, your lead and designers to implement various gameplay features.
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for exceptionally skilled developers to assist in the creation of worlds in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to inspire and create gameplay for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with all disciplines to create & be responsible for elements of the games fun!
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to pun will all stand you in good stead.
This position is based in Guildford and you will report to the Lead Programmer.
What will you do?
- Develop gameplay features for a free-to-play UE4 based PC game, in close collaboration with other disciplines (art, design, etc.).
- Prove out gameplay by working with designers during the prototype stage to get to “awesome levels” of fun.
- Work under your lead to improve your technical skills.
- Join playtests of the game to represent your fellow coders and take on the might of the QA team.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years commercial Unreal 4 development experience.
- 3+ years programming experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games.
- Experience developing for PC, as well as different console platforms.
- Loves working in cross-disciplined feature teams.
- Passionate about mentoring technical talent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with highly distributed teams.
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service.
- Familiarity with multiple areas of code; including AI, physics, networking, optimization, etc.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!