Senior Gameplay Engineer
9 days ago
You possess a strong technical background and a passion for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gameplay for the players.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will be joining a team who thrive working in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other developers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
What you can expect to do:
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected gameplay systems, including controls, abilities, AI, and RPG systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts, collaborating with designers and providing feedback
- Create new and maintain existing tools for designers and artists, to add features and improve their workflow
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit
- Extensive enterprise software development experience including industry experience in game development
- Strong experience in a gameplay prototyping role specifically combat systems and mechanics
- Professional proficiency with multiple game engines, or proven ability to pick-up new ones
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code from design requirements
Nice to have:
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.