Senior Gameplay Engineer - Partner Engineering
11 months ago
As a Senior Partner Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge of software engineering and customer engagement to help our customers iterate faster, building larger, more complex and innovative games using SpatialOS.
To ensure the success of SpatialOS as a platform for game development, Improbable offers support to companies and developers in a partner fashion. Contributing to games in prototype and production, worked on by AAA studios - you'll be a master of SpatialOS and gain an understanding of a game's infrastructure on par with core developers of the game.
An ideal candidate is someone who has developed extensively with C++ or low-level programming and has a good working knowledge of networked game development, engine integration or Gameplay development. If you are already comfortable dealing with issues like authority, latency, network reliability, and client-side prediction then you can already think in the right space.
Areas for Impact
- Using your extensive software engineering experience you’ll interface with customers to deliver bespoke solutions and successfully co-develop games using SpatialOS and our suite of tools.
- Working directly with our customers, you will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- You’ll build engine integration solutions and best practices to enable our partners to adopt our software successfully.
- You will become a master of SpatialOS engaging with multiple internal teams and a variety of customers, engines and technologies as we continue to grow.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Knowledge of C++ or C# and scripting skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with external teams and stakeholders.
- Strong Software Engineering with flexibility in ambiguous environments
- Cloud computing
- Hunger to learn and improve.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.