Senior Gameplay Engineer - High Moon Studios
13 days ago
Job Title:Senior Gameplay Engineer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented Senior Gameplay Engineer who will work closely with content teams to push our gameplay systems to new heights of fun and visual fidelity, crafting new systems and leveraging existing ones to realize immersive and exciting gameplay. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team on the world’s most popular game franchises!
What you’ll be doing…
- Collaborate with designers and animators to create new gameplay systems and expand existing ones
- Support the design department by working on a variety of generalist tasks, to facilitate their efforts
- Spearhead the development of innovative gameplay experiences
- Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
To succeed you must have…
- Excellent C++ programming skills, with knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency in 3D math, related to game programming
- Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills
- A passion for making video games
- Advanced debugging skills
- Experience extending an established code base
- 5+ years of experience in games
- Multiple shipped games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math related field
We’d love it if you also have…
- Open world game development experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Player mechanics, particularly in an FPS
- Weapon mechanics
- Animation – blend trees, IK, motion matching
- Networked game logic
- Physics simulation
- Vehicle simulation
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with console development
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.