Senior Gameplay Designer
13 days ago
- Create, pitch and prototype gameplay ideas for core combat and moment-to-moment mechanics and systems, combat characters, their feel, behavior, abilities and encounter in various settings
- Implement combatant character with animations and behavior using state machines, behavior trees, visual effects, sound effects & combat encounters with arena layouts and pacing using provided level design tools and various other scripting systems
- Create designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - until delivery of the game
- Ensure the core game play is strong, fun and challenging as early as possible in the development and delivers the design intention at agreed milestones
- You will work in engine, tweaking, scripting, and tuning your features, and help in defining what tools you need to do so
- Conduct playtest sessions for involved developers (level designers, artists, animators and programmers) to discuss and improve implemented prototypes
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, ensuring the correct partners are involved and informed throughout the development process
- Remain current on industry and product design trends to enhance the player’s experience and enjoyment.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 5.
- At least 6+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC.
- 6+ years of experience shipping AAA TPP/FPP shooters titles in combat or systems design roles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and align design vision with internal partners and the target audience.
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language.
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and ability to quickly prototype and evaluate new gameplay mechanics.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Deep passion for gaming, preferably Shooter games.
- Extensive experience with online action games.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- High work ethic and self-motivation.
- A familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math is beneficial.
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends is beneficial.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.