Senior Gameplay Animator
20 days ago
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry, we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Senior Gameplay Animator, you will…
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations, while making any changes based on artistic direction
- Work in collaboration with members of the team to address animation needs and requirements for gameplay and cinematic content
- Actively engage with developers outside of your discipline creating a positive and productive experience for all involved
- Assist and provide constructive feedback to other animators
- Communicate needs to any out-of-team or external dependencies
- Consistently integrate and maintain your work in the game
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have 5+ years of professional or related experience as a Gameplay Animator
- You have strong hand keyed/keyframe animation skills
- You demonstrate outstanding Animation skills, displaying a strong understanding of the principles and a desire to improve
- You maintain a strong attention to detail
- You are a self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and a cooperative attitude
- You possess an ability to adapt to change and accept constructive feedback
- You exhibit excellent problem-solving and prototyping skills
- You show excellent organization and time management skills
- You communicate effectively with excellent oral and written skills
- You have proficient skills in Maya
- You bring experience animating on first-person-focused games
- You have a passion for gaming and making GREAT games
- You are dedicated to pushing animation quality to the next level
You must submit an online portfolio.
- You have experience animating on third-person-focused games
- You possess animation graph experience
- You have experience working with motion capture in either Maya or Motion Builder
- You bring experience working closely with AI programmers and Gameplay programmers, understanding the technicalities of game AI and game functionality
Sr. Gameplay Animator - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $75,000 - $165,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.