Senior Gameplay Animator
8 days ago
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator with a passion and drive for creating incredible animations for a AAA title. The animation will be of the highest quality and in-game functionality. This person will collaborate with other departments and key roles such as the Lead Animator, Design, Motion Edit, Tech Art and Stage. Be the go-to person in supporting core mechanics such as combat, locomotion or scripted events. This role will contribute to the unified goal of creating animations that are functional, responsive, fluid and will tie into cinematics and story
- Create and integrate AAA quality gameplay animations that reflect the game design goals and mechanics
- Use motion capture optimally and hand-key appropriately
- Work closely with the Animation Lead, engineering and design to support and own animation systems such as motion matching
- Collaborate and work alongside other animators to ensure cinematics and gameplay are cohesive
- Work at the highest level, technically and aesthetically
- Be proactive with troubleshooting any animation workflow, rigging and pipeline issues
- Communicate effectively with animators, engineers and design, to give and accept feedback
- Assist in establishing standard methodologies in animation
- Participate in motion capture shoots when needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven Senior experience working with motion capture data and hand-key animation in the game industry
- Ability to work in all aspects of animation including biped, quadruped and vehicles
- Demo reel showing an understanding of animation principles, while including gameplay
- Experienced with specific gameplay animation editing including blending, cycles and layering
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Experience and ability to integrate gameplay animation in engine
- Passionate about games and the enthusiasm to make the best!
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in switching tasks to accommodate production priorities
- Ability to appreciate other department's perspectives
- Maintain integrity and confidence in results-oriented times
- Empathic and respected senior member of the team
- Team oriented with a desire to assist other animators
- Promote inclusivity, diversity and fairness Practice patience and be open to giving and receiving feedback
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.